HOW TO SET UP AN ITUNES ACCOUNT
To use iTunes and download even applications, podcasts or free songs, you must have an iTunes account. The problem, especially for teenagers, is that you have to register a credit card linked to your account, even if you do not order anything. There is, however, a formal way to proceed that allows you to create an account without linking a credit card.
So, let’s say you do not have a credit card, but you want to create an iTunes account? We’ll explain how to get your own Apple ID – no credit card required.
Here is how to register even without a credit card on iTunes
Typically, you will need to provide credit card details for the Apple ID, otherwise, you will not be able to complete the registration. You can still sign up as an iTunes user by following a trick:
1. In iTunes, click iTunes Store (left column). If you do not have the program yet, you can download it here.
2. Then select the “App Store” button at the top of the bar. Click on a free app. If you cannot find one right away, there’s a lot to choose from in the CHIP app section.
3. Try downloading the app in iTunes using the “Free app” button. A window opens in which you click on “Create Apple ID”.
4. Make sure that your desired country is displayed at the bottom right. Clicking on the flag will open a menu in which you can change the country.
5. Then click on “Next” and confirm that you have read the terms and conditions and accept them.
6. Now enter the account details of your future Apple ID in the fields. If you do not want to receive advertising from Apple, remove the two hooks below. Continue with “Next”.
7. Under “Payment Method”, select “None” Then you fill in your name, street, and phone number, however, you must specify for incurring bills by paid content. Now click on “Create Apple ID”.
In your e-mail inbox, you will find a confirmation email from Apple. In this email, a link is given. Click on it and the registration is completed successfully.
HOW TO SIGN IN TO YOUR ITUNES ACCOUNT
Before you can sign in to iTunes, you must make sure you have an Apple ID, but if at all you don’t have, you can go ahead and create a new account for yourself.
Note: Once you are able to login into iTunes, you will have the access to purchase songs, movies, applications, and books from iTunes store.
You can always use your computer or iOS device when signing in to iTunes.
Sign in with your iPhone, iPod or iPad
1. First, open the iTunes Store App on your device
2. Scroll down to the bottom and tap on “Sign In”
3. After tapping on “Sign In”, it will now take you to another page where you would be required to tap on “Use Existing Apple ID”, then you go ahead and fill in your Apple ID and the password you used to while creating your account.
4. Finally, you tap “OK”
That’s it. You are signed in. Also know that once you are signed in to the iTunes store, you are automatically signed in to all the services on your device, including the Music, iBooks, App Store and Podcasts apps.
Sign in with your Mac or Pc
To access the iTunes on your Mac or Pc Device, you must make sure you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer, then you can follow these simple steps to sign in:
1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
2. Right from the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window on your computer screen, click on “Account” > “Sign in”
3. The “Sign in” page will come up, then you enter your Apple ID and password you used to create the account and then click on “Sign in”.